The Center for Childhood Deafness and Hearing Loss, Washington sensory Disabilities Services, and the Washington School for the Deaf are gathering data from parents of children who are deaf or hard of hearing, and educational audiologists, educators, and other related professionals who work with these children.
This information will be used to respond to the legislature in a report required by House Bill 1879 which mandates that all children who are deaf, deaf-blind, and hard of hearing are served, no matter where they live or communication modality they use. It is vital to the process that a wide range of constituents are represented.
The next Seattle-area forum is scheduled for Wednesday April 28 at St Catherine's School (8524 8th Ave NE) Choose one of the following five sessions to attend depending on which best describes you:
- Administrators 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Staff 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm (Teachers of the Deaf, related service providers, educational interpreters, early intervention providers, family resource coordinators, general and special ed teachers, etc)
- Middle School and High School Students 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Parents 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Community, Agency and Professional Providers 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm (Deaf community members, social workers, audiologists, SLPs, child advocates, adult service centers, etc)
Please contact Suzanne Quigley or Paige Stringer at Listen and Talk for more information at 206-985-6646.